With the European Green Deal, the European Commission was the first continent to present a concrete strategy for achieving extensive climate neutrality by 2050.
The Green Deal includes a concrete action plan to achieve the goals set. These include:
- Decarbonisation of the energy sector
- Investments in new, environmentally friendly technologies
- Supporting the industry in innovation
- Introduction of more environmentally friendly, cheaper and healthier forms of private and public transport
- Increasing the energy efficiency of buildings
- Cooperation with international partners to improve global environmental standards
The European Commission has thus adopted a comprehensive roadmap for the decarbonisation of Europe, which is now being implemented at the European as well as the national level.